Friday 9 November 2012

Day 17 - Kovalam

Up for breakfast, then out for a wander into town, where Karen did some more shopping and got herself a shirt.  then it was onto the Rock Cafe for a drink and a read at the paper before heading off to buy some spices.

Back at the hotel for a veg out, and I finished the book I'd been reading - No Way Down - about an ill fated expedition to climb K2 in 2008. Superb book, I highly recommend it.  I started, and read the first couple of chapters of the book I bought at the Krishna temple in Mumbai - The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami by Radhanath Swami.  So far it's good, very good, but I don't want to get into it right now as I want to keep it to read on the way home on Thursday.  So, I'll try and keep to Sudoku for the moment.

This afternoon, we finally walked along to the lighthouse.  The views from the top are superb, but it was windy.  Really windy,

View of Kovalam from the lighthouse

Up the top of the lighthouse.

After the lighthouse, we stopped off for a drink before heading to the Desi Gardens for dinner.  It's just as well the food is good, because it's one hell of a steep hill to climb to get there!
Later we finished the day off with a drink in the hotel.  Tomorrow it's a trip to Trivandrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment